Seeing as this is a system, there is what we call a reward system, the experience points. If you roleplay to your character’s strengths and weaknesses, you get awarded points at the end of every session. (Accumulation of points will of course be tracked and tabulated by yours truly, and I’ll have it up for you guys to keep track on.) I will note and tag you in every end of sessions and tell your point earnings and how you got them.
Experience points to dot conversion:
Attribute : 5 Experiences per dot
Merit : 5 Experience per dot
Skill : 3 Experiences per dot
Skill Specialty : 2 Experiences
Ways to earn Experience Points:
- 1 point — Automatic. Each player gets one point for participating in an RP session.
- 1 point — Learning Curve. Ask the roleplayer what his character learned during the current RP’s events. (I’ll make this a weekly thing, post a question or like a topic related to the RP that you guys can expound with from your character’s point of view)
- 1 point — Roleplaying. The roleplayer did a good job of portraying his/her character, either entertainingly, appropriately, or both. If he veered too far from his character’s concept, the point might not be given. Indeed, superlative roleplaying might be worth two points.
- 1 point — Heroism. Characters who rise to the occasion with truly heroic actions or feats of survival and sheer persistence deserve a point. Do not reward characters who act in stupid or self-destructive ways just so they can gain the accolades of the hero.
- 1 point — Success. The characters achieved all or part of their goals for that certain RP session. (This will be evaluated per day)
- 1 point — Danger. The characters survived against harsh odds and grave dangers. (Encounters with bosses are higher XP)
- 1 point — Wisdom. The roleplayer, and thus his/her character, devised a brilliant plan or came up with a spontaneous solution that enabled the group to survive or succeed when it might have failed.
REMEMBER: XP IS AWARDED IN EVERY ATTENDANCE TO A CAMPAIGN.